- Published: Thursday, 17 March 2016 12:58
- Written by Candi Lethcoe
Protecting Yourself During Allergy Season
Allergy season is right around the corner! Here are some ways to avoid those awful symptoms:
· KNOW YOUR TRIGGERS!
· Get plenty of rest
· Stay hydrated
· Eat healthy
· Avoid going outside, if possible, on dry, windy days or days with a high pollen count. The best time to go outside is after it rains.
· If you have to go outside, wear a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, and a pollen mask to keep pollen from landing on your face. Remove clothes and shower afterwards.
· Limit the number of windows open in the house. The breeze will bring pollen indoors.
· Avoid hanging laundry outdoors, if possible.
· Use air conditioning in the house and car
· Make sure you have any allergy medications you may need